Adaptive Clothing Alterations
If dressing has become a struggle for a friend or loved one, we can adapt their existing wardrobe to make dressing easier. Perfect for the elderly or disabled, download our Adaptive Clothing Alterations Brochure for more information.
Pants alterations, skirt alterations
- Replace zippers or buttons with Velcro fasteners.
- Add back openings closed with ties or Velcro fasteners.
- Add elastic to waistband for easier fit.
Night gowns and sleepwear
- Widen neck openings to slip on more easily.
- Add back ties for modesty.
Sweaters, shirts, and under vests
- Open back of garments so individuals can slide their arms straight into the sleeve. No lowering or raising of the arms required.
- Replace any buttons with Velcro fasteners.
- Open the sides and add Velcro fasteners for easier accessibility.
- Add elastic to the waistband to quickly pull on.
- Taking in or letting out waists, busts, and hips.
- Shortening or lengthening hems.
Buttons, zippers, and other closures
- Replace closures that are difficult for arthritic hands with ties or Velcro fasteners.